In 1968, the University Church St Paul's in Leipzig on the Augustus square was blown up on orders of the then chairman of the GDR's government, Walter Ulbricht. Courageous citizens of Leipzig came into a brave action to save the little organ built by Jahn/Dresden. The large organ has been destroyed in major parts as well as many other cultural monuments.
The Society of Friends and Patrons of Leipzig University financed the restoration of the Jahn organ. Today, the instrument is located at St Peter's appearing in church services and concerts as well as in the weekly series »Organ-Point-Twelve« – a cooperative project of the Leipzig University's Faculty of Theology, the Institute of church music of the Academy for Music and Theatre, and St Peter's church. The collection stands in good stead for the Jahn organ and the rebuilding of the large organ at St Peter's. Those interested to appear in one of the short services are welcome.
»Organ-Point-Twelve« is organized by Johannes Unger.
Within the »Association for renovation and preservation of St Peter's church building« a steering committee has formed under the leadership of Johannes Unger. Its task is to let the empty organ prospect resound. The significant Sauer organ was built in 1885 and unfortunately got lost over the post-war years. By a large majority it has been decided to build an organ, sound and equipment of which is oriented towards the famous French organ builder Aristide Cavaillé-Coll. This instrument is to enrich Leipzig's organ scene, and will be an attraction for all organ lovers throughout the country and beyond.